September 14, 2011

Serendipity: A Novel by Louise Shaffer

Kendra's comments:



If I had to pick one word to describe this book I would say it would have to be GUILT. The story follows three generations of women who have all done less than stellar things in their life, but instead of dealing with their mistakes in mature and adult ways, decided instead to let things fester and grow to the point that the third generation Carrie finds herself having a near-nervous breakdown and in need of answers.

This tale was captivating. By the time I was into the third chapter I couldn't put it down. I was annoyed at times with the characters, but end the end I was happy that I had read it. Even though I would say this book is thought provoking, it is still what I would consider a quick read. It has touches of historical fiction, but not enough to really put it in the genre. If you enjoy mother-daughter stories, this would be a great one to check out.

No comments: