June 19, 2011

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Taryn's comments:


I’ve been a big fan of Tina Fey ever since I saw her on Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update. Since then I’ve enjoyed her television shows and movies, and I was really excited to hear that she was writing a book. Bossypants is an entertaining memoir in which Fey shares stories from her childhood, her college years, and the early days of her career as she dealt with negative attitudes toward female comedians. It also includes more recent stories and provides insight into her efforts to balance parenthood with a successful career as a producer and star of 30 Rock. This book had its laugh-out-loud moments, but there were definitely some more serious and insightful moments mixed in as well. This smart, funny read gave me even more appreciation for one of my favorite celebrities.


New Adult Biographies, FEY


(Also available as an audiobook on CD or digital download)

No comments: